Sunday, January 16, 2011

More chubby superheroes please!

Today I went to see The Green Hornet, and I guess it was sort of okay, in a completely generic sort of way. It's exactly what you would expect from a superhero origin comedy written by and starring Seth Rogen, but not even a tiny bit more. I was never a huge Michel Gondry fan, but what I did like about his previous movies, sappy as they may have been, was that they all had something special and unique about them, if not in the storyline then definitely in the visual side of things. The Green Hornet, with the exception of a handful of short sequences, is not that kind of movie in any way. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, but it is completely unmemorable, I didn't care one bit about any of the characters or any of the plot lines, and after the first 30 minutes I mostly just wanted the whole thing to be over. I would definitely like to see more chubby superheroes out there, but it would be nice if they could put them in movies that I could actually give a crap about. Surprisingly enough, the fake 3D actually didn't look all that bad. It wasn't good, but it wasn't completely awful either. And yet, I still think that the whole concept of 3D conversions is thoroughly stupid an a complete waste of time and effort. It's about as pointless as plastic boobs on a chick with a dick. Sure, it sort of resembles the real thing, but in the end of the day it's not going to fool anyone who isn't legally blind, and unless you're severely drunk you will not want to stick your cock in it.

Remember how hot Cameron Diaz used to be like 17 years ago?

Bonus haiku:

Seth Rogen is hot
How I wish I looked like him
But with better hair

No comments:

Post a Comment