Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why I Don't Need a Smartphone, Part II

For a long, long time I was convinced that I needed to get a smartphone, and that my life would never be complete without one. Smartphones are colorful and fun to play with and pretty to look at and they make your life a whole lot easier and much more enjoyable, and absolutely everybody seems to have them these days, to the point where not owning one makes you look like a big weirdo who is just too stubborn to get with the times and join the rest of civilized society. Unfortunately, my long time status as a less-than-productive human being meant that it was quite impossible for me to acquire a smartphone for myself, and since I never believed that things were going to change for me in the future, I was forced to accept my situation and somehow keep living my life without one. Recently, however, I got a chance to have a little hands-on experience with a few smartphones, if only for a short time, and guess what? Sure, I have to agree they are indeed very neat and flashy little things, but personally I found them to be overly complicated contraptions that are ultimately not worth the high prices, the ridiculous monthly fees, the annoying maintenance issues and all the stress that comes along with them. And so, for my upcoming birthday, I've decided that if I were to purchase a portable touchscreen device, I'll be much better off getting a nice, affordable e-reader. At least that way I'd be able to put my free time into something interesting and meaningful, instead of just fingering pretty stuff pointlessly for hours on end.

And yeah, all this also applies perfectly to the matter of getting myself a girlfriend.

Including the e-reader solution.

What I'm trying to say is, I can't wait to get my filthy paws on my brand new Kindle Touch next week!

If anyone needs me, I'll be spending the next 48 hours in front of my computer, fapping vigorously to that Kate Upton dance video. See you on the other side!

See also: Why I Don't Need a Smartphone, Part I

No comments:

Post a Comment