Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kids movies are *always* monster movies

Last week I went to see Super 8, and I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree that it's a film that is extremely reminiscent of classic kids/adventure/monster movies, but mostly in the sense that I didn't care about any of the characters, I couldn't really see much of the monster during most of the movie, and when I did get a good look at it it was pretty much a disappointment. You know, just because I splashed out of my mommy in the early '80s doesn't mean that I have to get all nostalgic (gawd I hate that word) about anything that reminds me of that dreadful decade. For example, it was only a few weeks ago that I watched The Goonies for the very first time, and I kinda hated every minute of it. Anyway, for me, the creepiest thing about Super 8 didn't have anything to do with the big scary alien monster, but with a pretty little girl named Elle Fanning. When I found out that she is only 13 years old, and was probably closer to 12 when they shot the movie, it was a complete and utter shock. Maybe I was confused by the fact that she has the kind of talent most adult actresses would kill for, or that her character DRIVES A FUCKING CAR, but that's hardly an excuse. What I'm trying to say is, I have absolutely no problem with waiting patiently for April 9th, 2016, and I have a feeling that unlike Elle's elder sister, time will be extremely kind to her.

Sorry, there's no way I'm posting a photo of a 13 year old girl

So yeah, in the next couple of weeks I will be spending most of my time washing my eyes out repeatedly with acid for checking out the boobs of a child. Men really are disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment