Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some People Just Don't Know How to Age, Part II

or: Pretty Girls I Saw Last Week, Part XIII

Also last week, I went to see the Japanese-Israeli co-production of The Trojan Women at the Cameri theater, directed by Yukio Ninagawa and performed in Japanese, Hebrew and Arabic, and I've enjoyed it immensely. Reading the Hebrew subtitles, which were positioned at both sides of the stage, gave my neck a bit of a workout (we were sitting in the middle of the second row), but it was certainly worth the effort. Once again, the one thing I found profoundly annoying was how 44-year-old Japanese actress Yōka Wao, who played Helen of Troy, looked like she was in her late twenties at the most. Shame on her, for making me peek lustily at the panties of a woman in her mid-forties.

In case you were wondering, they were white.

See also: the first two actresses in the very first Pretty Ladies IRL post who were also featured in this play.

No comments:

Post a Comment