Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dude with Dragon Necktie Seeks Girl with Dragon Tattoo

Today I went to see David Fincher's version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Here's what I liked about it:

  • One of the best opening title sequences I have ever seen at the movies. It felt like David Fincher was raping my eye holes with both his penises, and I absolutely loved it! Too bad the rest of the movie never lives up to the pure awesomeness of its first two and a half minutes.
  • The music. Oh how I hate myself for not going to see Nine Inch Nails and Unkle when they were here in 2007. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
  • Daniel Craig's adorable little kitty cat, right until the point where it, well, stops being adorable.
  • Rooney Mara's portrayal of Lisbeth, the bisexual goth chick who is such a good hacker that she uses Google to look stuff up on Wikipedia.
  • Rooney Mara's lovely boobies.
  • Rooney Mara's pierced nipples.
  • Rooney Mara's spectacular ass.
  • Rooney Mara's neatly trimmed bush.

And here's what I didn't really like about the movie:

  • Every scene Rooney Mara wasn't in, which is basically all the murder mystery stuff, as it just wasn't very interesting, and also kind of hard to follow.

As a whole I've enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo quite a bit, but I still think it's a real shame that Mr. Fincher hasn't been able to produce another masterpiece since the '90s ended. Need a good novel to adapt into a motion picture? Why not Palahniuk!

Holy crap, Rooney is Kate Mara's little sister?! Hotness must run in their family the way obesity does in mine!

Bonus haiku:

Daniel Craig's back
Covered with disgusting moles
I almost threw up

No comments:

Post a Comment