Monday, April 25, 2011

Kindly refrain from peeing on the art

Here's how it was supposed to work, back when this piece was first installed at the Tel-Aviv Museum of Art: you slide the door open, and enter a small room. Once you're inside, the door slides shut automatically. Inside the room there's a bench-type thingy where you can sit, and this metal toilet/sink combo. I guess it was supposed to say something insightful about something, but I'm just not bright enough to get stuff like that.

Oooooh!!! I'm bursting!!!

I can't remember the artist's name, but clearly they have very little understanding of human nature in general, and specifically Israeli nature. Naturally, when you put a person in a small, private room with a toilet, they're going to pee in it, even if the toilet isn't really connected to anything. It's in our nature! So yeah, the door doesn't slide shut anymore. They used to place a security person outside the door, to make sure nobody pees in there anyway, but apparently they don't do it anymore, which is why I was able to take this photo, despite the museum's strict no photography policy. I'm pretty sure that if I were quiet enough, I would've been able to go number one in there too. There's nothing quite as exciting as peeing where you shouldn't be peeing, but I guess I'm just too much of a pussy to do anything of that sort indoors.


Bonus art from the sixth biennale of Israeli ceramics at the Eretz Israel Museum, where they're nice enough to let you take all the pictures you want:

A yellow cockroach with blinking eyes!
An adorable mutated baby!
And some nice hookers!

And finally, some bonus art(?) from the flower show in Raanana:

Freaking potatoes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment