Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Damn you, damn you all to heck!


I'm watching the original Planet of the Apes movies these days on DVD, and today I watched Beneath the Planet of the Apes. What bothered me the most about it, other than those background paintings that are supposed to make corridors look longer and stuff but most of the time fail to do so, was how they kept tripping horses during the chase scenes. Poor horsies.

A dude making out with a monkey!

If you ignore all that, the Apes movies have held up pretty nicely over the years. Last week, as I was watching the final scene in the first movie, I actually got a chill down my back. Also, Chuck Heston is soooooooo dreamy! Just look at him! Don't you just feel like taking a gun from his cold dead hands? I know I sure do! I'll take all the guns your cold dead hands can dish out, Mr. Heston!

I love you, Dr. Zaius!

I just love the apes makeup design. I used to be obsessed with it as a kid. I even made an ape mask of my own out of cardboard. It had a movable mouth and everything!


She's basically a pretty monkey, but Linda Harrison sure is hot!

The bad news is, Fräulein [removed] doesn't seem to want to join me here. Which is pretty silly, considering how this blog used to be named after her. She said that I misunderstood her, and that this is not what she wanted. I guess it's not depressing enough, but that's hardly my fault, with me being on antidepressants. Chicks are tricky that way. Oh well. The fight lives on!

No comments:

Post a Comment