Monday, September 14, 2009

Did I fall asleep?

I finally watched Epitaph One, the 13th episode of Dollhouse, just now. Before I actually watched it, I was going to write about how overrated the whole Whedonverse really is, how Buffy went down the hill after season 3 and how much Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog sucked huge, hairy, sweaty balls. And then I did watch it, and it just totally blew my mind. Dollhouse started out sort of weak, and I didn't have high hopes for it. Eliza Dushku was just adorable on Buffy, but it seems like over the years she has become a rather annoying and fairly limited sort of actress, and building a whole show around her just didn't look like a very good idea, but I was very happy to be proven wrong. Not about the Dushku chick. She's still pretty awful. But the show just got better and better with each episode, focusing more and more on other, more interesting characters, played by much more talented actors and actresses, with neat storylines and cool twists. The final episode of the original run was very satisfying, and I was delighted to hear that the show has been cleared for a second season.


Olivia Williams. What a classy broad

It did not, however, prepare me for Epitaph One. Set ten years in the future in a post apocalyptic world, it is a standalone episode that isn't an integral part of season one's storyline. The fast pace and constant flashbacks kept me pleasantly confused the entire time, and I loved every second of it. I kind of wished that they would do a Lost move and set the next season in Epitaph One's world, with the earth in ruins and zombie-types roaming the streets, but that's not going to happen, at least not now. Anyway, season two starts next week, and it's definitely something to look forward to.

.
Amy Acker. Chicks with scars are totally hot

Oh crap! I just realized that the new season of Fringe starts this Thursday! And I haven't even finished watching the first season! Better kick myself in the face real quick and finish watching it as soon as possible. Sigh. TV shows can be so demanding. I can't even imagine what it must be like to have a life as well as a TV set.

No comments:

Post a Comment